Monday 4 August 2014

OH KIMONO!


Kimono, H&M Jeams, Vest and Ballet Pumps, Primark - In Stores Now.
Thank you for all your messages of outrage over the boyfriend's stolen bike. Nothing has been found by the police and it looks like we wont be getting it back, it is very sad, but it is just one of those things. When I have been wandering around, I have been eyeing up people on bikes very closely, ready to rugby tackle anyone who may be on the stolen one, like the crazy mare I am.

As for me, I have been working out recently with the boyfriend - he has finally convinced me to do something about my body confidence issues, instead of moaning about my tummy, whilst sitting on the sofa stuffing my face with Pringles. My God the pain, it feels like I have been given the world's worst dead arms, and last week I could barely sit down; the toilet was my worst enemy, both trying to lower myself onto it and then trying to get up. Stupid weights.

As for the fashion stuff, I'm probably a bit late to the kimono party and I'm playing it a lot safer than most with my single colour, non fringed number. But, I have seen so many floral, tropical and aztec inspired kimonos, it made me longed for something simple, so thank you H&M to creating a range of kimonos that aren't so loud, no one can hear you speak over them. Plus lets face it, you only get a few months out of the year that you can wear them, so I wanted one that was sure to go with everything in my wardrobe.

Of course it had to be mint green, as I have had a major obsession with the colour this season, mainly because it makes me think of ice cream...mmmm ice cream.



Elegant Touch House of Holland Nails in Royal Explosion - Same Here
Do you guys have a thing for kimonos, and do you please have any tips for my aching muscles, oh the never-ending aching?!

Gems x

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the bike, that's awful! It's the worst feeling knowing someone has stolen your stuff, it's so sickening. Karma will get them back! On a brighter note I love this colour on you! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, I was so hurt for him, he loves to ride a bike and to have 2 stolen in the space of a year seems so unfair - I feel like not enough is done about bike theft.
      Gems x

      Delete
  2. I vote boyfriend gives you a massage to solve the aching muscles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a thing for kimonos, but I only have one that I don't wear too often because it doesn't go with anything!
    I love this mint green color. :) It looks lovely on you!

    I'm really sorry about your boyfriends bike :(

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was worried about with Kimonos, I love all the fab printed ones, but just dont ee them going with anything in my wardrobe.

      Gems x

      Delete
  4. I love the kimono. I like you in mint green (I've said that before I think).

    I can't help with gym pain. I pushed through it and kept working but apparently I should've rested. ��

    Caroline
    www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have learned that you have to rest, The arm pain I had last week was so unpleasant, I was scared to go again, but I'm still working to get toned up.

      Gems x

      Delete
  5. Aw the mint green looks so nice on you! So fresh and springy - even though it's summer :p Nice combo with the white! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina, I'm always so paranoid about wearing white as I am such a clutz :)

      Delete
  6. Bahahah, sooo true! It hurts so much, not to mention when you start working on the whole muscle groups, that's when I feel like I'm dying from the inside :D
    Love the kimono, it's the perfect Summery piece, and I love the soft minty color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hun I am just catching up with blogs, so sorry to hear about your boyfriends bike. they are real scum bags aren't they?!

    Loving the mint kimono, such a pretty colour. Hope the gym pain gets better. Make sure you give your muscles chance to recover.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mint green is a lovely colour. It reminds me of ice cream too!
    Sorry to hear about the theft. It's so sad when it happens. I hope the police catch who ever took it.
    Sisley www.sewwhite.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually don't own any kimono. I like them on others but I don't think they are very "me".
    Your choice of mint green is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Gems! In my honest opinion this is far prettier than all of the loud, aztec-y kimonos around, mint is just gorgeous for this season and even though it's popular colour, every time I see a flash of mint I still adore it just as much. The sort of shade that will hopefully be here to stay! I think you've found the perfect kimono here to rock <3

    You've got such a fab figure, so flawless! Beautiful inside and out! Good for you though, for working out if it makes you feel better, I wish I could give you some advice in regards to exercise but dancing around my room and walking to the park and back is about all I manage! :| Shocking eh?!

    Ah sweet, I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's bike. What's wrong with people? I really hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel and it turns out OK. xo

    Sophie | soinspo

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE kimonos. I only have two, one that has a beautiful floral print, and the other one is plain and black, so I have a little bit of both worlds haha :) Yours is really beautiful, love the mint color, it looks so gorgeous on you especially paired with those jeans!

    I have to agree with Sophie, and say that you have a lovely figure! You look great and have nothing to worry about in terms of your looks, honestly, you're gorgeous! <3

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.