Friday 19 October 2012

FILM CLUB: SINISTER

There are two things in life that I love: a good scare and Ethan Hawke's lovely weird teeth. So when they both came together with the release of scarefest 'Sinister', I was pretty darn excited. The movie follows egotistical true crime author Ellison Oswalt (I know I don't know where they got that name from either) as he moves his family into a murder house to write his latest book on the previous owners who were all hung in the backyard. Apart from one of the children that is, who has since been missing.


It isn't long before Ellison finds some horrifying home movies in the attic, showing not only the fate of the family he is investigating, but also many other families, all linked by the mysterious 'Mr Boogie'. Instead of going to the police with his findings, Ellison keeps it secret hoping it will lead to success with his latest work, to see him once again in the spotlight he so craves. Of course, this was not a smart move and cue scares a plenty.

I have to say, I haven't seen a horror movie this good in a very long time - one moment I was on the edge of my seat, the next I was being scared right out of it. There was tension throughout the movie that grew and grew with each scene to the shocking conclusion. It is a must see for fans of the horror movie genre.

I leave you with the tantalizing trailer and a few words...Once you have seen him, nothing can save you!


Have any of you guys seen it, and what did you think?

Gems

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this, but definitely keeping this one in mind!

    Have a great weekend!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.