Wednesday 14 January 2015

THE SUN SHINES FOR ALWAYS

Well, the sun doesnt actually shine that often here in the North of England, but when it does shine, you have to make the most of it, because some gale force wind and chilly rain is sure to be following close behind. So on a sunny day just before Christmas, I decided to brave wearing a dress and get some air and a few pictures - I'm really running low of outfit pictures, there is only so many times you can take style shots of a parka zipped up to the neck, stupid winter.

Faux Fur Jacket, Next - Similar Here.
Shirt, ASOS - Similar Here.
Dress, Bank - Similar Here.


How do so many bloggers go out in freezing temperatures with bare legs and no jacket, and take loads of stunningg style shots, looking serene and beautiful. If it was me I would look like I was being tortured by a sadistic photographer, hugging myself against the cold and sobbing. Maybe I am too much of a wimp for the fashion blogger game.





Does any blogger have any tips for taking good fashion shots inside, when the weather is raging outside? It has been so windy in Newcastle the last few weeks, within a split second being out of the door and I have been blown into the nearest tree, like a scrappy plastic bag, or look a hot mess.



Did anyone get snow this week? I was so disappointed not to have anyone, I must be the only person in the country who likes it.

Gems x

Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. Haha I would be the same as you if I were a fashion blogger - I'm freezing in normal weather let alone winter! Lovely dress though, basic yet very chic :) xx
    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the sun shone more! Looking gorgeous in grey, your coat is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so cute, a great basic and I love how you've tied your belt!

    I can be quite brave when it comes to taking snaps, a few years back I took them in the snow and everyone commented on how cold I looked. I NEARLY FROZE. Never again haha! The other week I was taking photos in a lace dress and a woman rode past me and said 'Oh, it's FREEZING!'. I nearly pushed her off her bike because she had a million layers on. I have no space indoors to take snaps but thankfully I can use my friends apartment foyer, although it shelters me from the wind, it's usually just as cold as it is outside!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm the opposite in that I want to find some outside spaces to shoot my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit, looks cozy and perfect for winter! <3

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you're braver than me, I don't go outside to take pics at all whatever the weather! I'm not very good at taking photos but I guess one tip is to take indoor ones in the morning when the light is better (sorry, that's so obvious!) Anyway I really like that little dress, not often you see ones with long sleeves! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute look! I still go out when it's freezing but the wind is what gets me, I look in pain in most of the shots when I'm in the wind. You just have to grit and bear it whilst the camera is taking and then you can make all the ugly faces you want! I'd say for indoors make sure you have somewhere with plents of space and a neat background so that your outfit is the focus <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha aren't I lucky? I live in a place that never gets cold! But I've had plenty of shoots where I am sweating like crazy...like if you zoom up on the pics you can see sweat. YUCK! I love the gray dress!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is so cute!! Love this grey. Really nice look ;)
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know how I do it? I fucking freeze my ass off! :D I don't go bare legs, I think it's super dumb and unrealistic anyway, but I do remove my jacket so people can see the outfit underneath and boyfriend takes the photos while I pretend my limbs aren't numb from the pain and cold :D
    About the photos inside, you can try taking artsy shots near a window, or on top of the window :D I usually remove my furniture when doing home shots, it's a pain in the ass, but worth it. It makes the outfit stand out and there's no clutter. :)
    Adore this pretty dress, you look so cute Gems!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute look, I really love the fur coat. I try and go outside in any weather as I take photo's under my porch but it get's soo cold! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had snow and while it looks good in the background, it makes it damn cold! I once got so cold on an outdoors shot for a brand that I actually came down with a cold the next day! It's a tough balance but sadly in the cold the only answer it outdoor heaters somewhere out of shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that grey knitted dress x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg the jacket looks so so cozy and cool! Love it paired with the preppy shirt and dress combo! And I totally forgot how awesome grey and yellow look together! You look supercute in this Gems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a little comment to say I hope you're okay, I miss your posts! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.