Thursday 9 February 2012

LOVER ARE ALL WHITE

Australian fashion label, 'Lover' have hit the right the note with me for the Summer 2012 season, with their whimsical collection in the hottest colour of the season, white. The predominately white offering features plenty of ladylike lace, juxtaposed with exquisite tailoring - the whole collection is clean and crisp and just a dream to behold.

Picking out my favourite piece could be compared with 'Sophie's choice', but in the end I have to go for the simple, yet achingly chic which playsuit with tuxedo-style lapels and a tie waist. Lover...I love you, it's fashion, well-done.






The ultra-talented Susien Chong and Nic Briand launched Lover in 2001 in humble surroundings - a weekend market stall in Bondi. Taking influence from their fashion and graphic design backgrounds, the duo created garments based on what they loved and were inspired by creatively. It is amazing how far the label has progressed from their humble origins, presenting a critically acclaimed 10 year anniversary catwalk show at the Sydney Opera House Last year. Worn by the likes of Alexa Chung  and Kirsten Dunst, and featuring in the fashion Bibles US and UK Vogue , I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes Lover never changes.

Visit the official Lover website here.
Images courtesy of Vogue Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.