Monday 29 December 2014

GRUNGE LACE

I'm sorry for my absence the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I have been having a difficult time with anxiety and depression - maybe due to all the pressures of the holiday season. I have been working hard and hopefully I will continue to improve and build my confidence over the next few weeks and get back to myself.

There has been a lot of tears and a lot of fear, but with the help of family, friends, and of course Ryan, I have made it through Christmas and I'm hopefully ready to take on all the challenges that 2015 will bring. If you have been feeling lost over the holiday season, you are not alone. It can be hard to discuss those feelings with loved ones, when everyone is so happy and jolly. But, you have nothing to be ashamed of - don't cut yourself off and pretend everything is OK, it is perfectly OK not to be OK. It isn't your fault, you don't do it to yourself, it is something that happens to you.


So anyway, now that I have got the hard stuff out of the way, I can get back to the good stuff...clothes and shit. You might remember a few weeks ago, that I was all googly-eyed and in love with my lace dress from Lulu's Boutique. I've already worn it in a Gothic style, but for a recent jaunt to the shops, I wanted something more laid back to I looked to the '90s and went grunge.

Layered with a checked shirt and teamed with some knee high boots and a bobble hat, and it was grunge perfection. Of course the look could not be complete with a messy plait, so thank you to Wonderful Hair, for your amazing human hair extensions, for helping me achieve the grunge plait of my dreams.

Lace and Organza Dress, c/o Lulu's Boutique - Same Here.
Checked Shirt, F&F - Similar Here.
Biker Jacket, Matalan - Similar Here.
Over-the-Knee Boots, New Look - Similar Here.







I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to 2015.

Gems x

Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I always find this time of year really hard when it comes to my mood and anxieties, you have my full empathy. Sending you lots of warm snuggles, I hope you're feeling better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gems, don't let this fucking anxiety and depression get in the way of living a happy life. Kick their asses, like Levi kicks titans! I feel your pain, even though surprisingly the holidays are doing the opposite for me. I have this rule where I don't let anything bring me down during my special holiday vacation, and it works, I just need more discipline! I'm happy you're back on your feet and even blogging, a sure sign you've already won! Screw this stupid brain of ours! >.<
    Btw, loving this playful hat, it's so cute! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you feeling better hun, sending you a huge hug!

    Loving the look and that fabulous plait!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your anxiety---I can only imagine how the holidays would exacerbate any problems and make you stressed. If it's any consolation, I love reading how you write and your outfit is warm and chic :)

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do grunge so well Gems and I love the hair! So sorry you've been having a crappy time, I'm so pleased you have good people around you though. Plus you have all of your bloggy pals remember! I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon, you're just so lovely and deserve all the happiness in the world. A very, very happy new year to you!!! Hope 2015 brings you lots of joy xxxx

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon! I love the lace detailing on your dress, it's perfectly paired with your leather!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you made it through the christmas period. Onwards and upwards for 2015. I love the boots you are wearing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be strong! I hope 2015 brings you lots of happiness your way :)


    creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're back Gems. Anxiety is the worst <3
    Love this grunge look! Ah, and messy braids are my favorite! Well, any braids really :) Love it! I think grunge suits you perfectly.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you've been feeling like this Love! It's honestly one of the worst things when anxiety suddenly takes over. Hope you're feeling much, much better. You definitely don't deserve feeling that way, you're such a beautiful and strong person inside and out!! I absolutely love this outfit and I have to say it again, you look fab with long hair! Happy New Year Love! <3

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.